Friday, January 4, 2008

So It Begins

Well, it all starts here.

My first blog. Unlike some professional swimmer, this is an ungainly dive into writing about things that I hope will be interesting to some and not boring to all.

I guess we’ll have to see about that.

I had thought for some time whether to start a blog. As a journalist who specializes in science and environmental writing, my craft is confined to stories, with well-defined and specific sources. There is a start, and there is an end. There is an inherent structure to this kind of writing. Blogging is more like a stream-of-consciousness diary, a throw-it-at-the-wall-and-see-if-it-sticks variety.

Well, maybe not that unstructured but a venture nonetheless.

So, come along for a stroll, and we’ll see where we end up.

No comments: